Saturday, December 4, 2010

I'm a skier

I'm a little late getting this posted, but it was a busy week with school for me and trip out of town for dada. Anyway, I just wanted to share my exciting adventure up to Mt. Baker last weekend. We got up early, got dresssed in warm clothes, loaded up the car with skis, gear and snacks and then hit the road. The drive was a little long, but I hung in there like a trooper.

Once we parked, we proceded to gear up for some fun on the slopes. We were parked pretty far from the lodge, so Dada had me put my skis on and pulled me the whole way there. I was pretty comfortable on them by the time we got to the actual ski area.

On the hill, we had a blast. I was a little nervous about going up the rope tow the first time, but we made it. And then................... woooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo!!!! We got to point the tips down the hill and take off. We weren't half way down our first run before I was asking to go up again, and proclaiming "I'm having so much fun!." Dad tried to get me to do some turns on my own, but I wasn't interested in that "I don't want to do turns, I just want to go fast".... this brought a huge smile to Dada's face.

We didn't take too many pictures, but here's what we have.



Such a beautiful day, I needed some shades on the way up
Let's do this skiing thing
Not sure I'm ready for that, but it sure looks cool Having a great time
I was in charge of the snacks and carried them in my backpack. Good thing, this skiing sure builds an appetite
I forgot to tell Dada we were going to make a silly face, luckily he's always prepared.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

How fun for Lily! Bachelor is such a fun mountain. That's where I leanred to ski when I was 12.