Monday, July 5, 2010

My Birthday Weekend

I'm three!! I had a super duper weekend and the rain held off for the most part. It was chilly but we still got out and did some fun things with Grandma and Papa, as well as Auntie Joanie. First, we went raspberry picking. That sure was fun and I think we will be doing that again. Sam and I had fun doing a little taste testing but I really did pick some and covered the bottom of my bucket! After the farm I got to go on a special lunch date with my Grandma and Papa...yes, only me! We had pizza, my favorite and then they took me to pick out a Lilly for my birthday. I got to fly my kite at the park, and even rode my bike around!
Sunday was my birthday so after church dada made me a special breakfast. I had a fun barbecue and my best buddy Jude came to celebrate with me. I got to see a few fireworks, had a fire with smores, and even got to do some sparklers, however I didn't make it to the big fireworks, maybe next year! Here are a few pictures from my weekend...
See?
Taste test
I found some good ones!
See?
Hey, they are just as good out of the bucket
This is the Lily I picked out...thanks Grandma and Papa
Grandma always finds the best books
Flying my kite with dada
I think he was a little nervous to let go of the string
Auntie Joanie making my toes pretty
I got to open one present before church (It was a strawberry shortcake baseball bat and ball!)
Birthday girl!
Riding the seahorse down at the park on the 4th
These things are crazy!
Silly face...love it!
Running to stay awake
I think the singing is my favorite part!
All I requested for my birthday was chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting...MMMmmm they were delicious!
Grandma knows how much I love Dora, she even found a singing birthday card!
Jude helped me open my presents
Yeah, the sun finally came out around barbecue time!
Sitting around the fire patiently waiting for it to get dark
Sparklers were so much fun!
Hanging out with mama as we try to stay warm
More sparklers to make the time pass
Finally the coals are ready for marshmallows and smores! Yummy!
Yummy!

No comments: