Sunday, August 24, 2008

Blackberry Picking

As many of you know our property is bordered by blackberry bushes. For the most part, my daddy says they are just the most annoying thing about our property, but we decided to head out in the rain (it was just sprinkling) and get some use out of the bushes. This is the first time since my parents have lived in this house that they have even done anything with them! We picked a whole colander full and mom made delicious blackberry crisp and I sure enjoyed eating the blackberries! YUMMMMM!

Hey Dad, you missed that patch
I found this stick at the side of our house and thought it was great for pointing out picking opportunities
From the bucket? No, I picked these myself.
Is this the face of a berry thief?
These won't stain my face will they?

No comments: