Friday, August 26, 2011

Our Summer Vacation

I guess it was two weeks ago now, sorry for the delay. We had a terrific vacation and my brother and I just LOVED the beach! Sam has some more pictures on his blog and he and I are planning a trip back there, soon!


After driving in the car all day...Finally, the ocean!

By the time we made it to the beach, grabbed some dinner, and played on the beach for a bit it got a bit chilly. I guess playing in the ocean and getting all wet didn't help but dada offered his sweatshirt to me, Thanks Dad!
Day 2, constructing my sandcastle (after the tide claimed my first one, that was tough!)

Jumping waves with my Auntie Julie

Trying the skim board, fun! I think next year I'll get good at this.

Playing in the water, the weather was just perfect!

Walking out with mama

I wrote my name in the sand! I found a stick and did it all by myself, pretty cool!

As if the beach wasn't fun enough, they have swings!

Crab, need I say more?

Having ice cream with cousin Maggie, I am so glad she got to come to the beach too. We had a lot of fun playing together.

Riding on the front of the bike with Grandma, Papa, Mama, and Daddy. Sam and I had so much fun being up front and navigating. Who says you need to see to navigate?

Silly goose!
The aquarium down on the beach was really neat. We got to feed the seals (some stinky food) and touch a lot of different animals. This is the big octopus, so cool!
Maggie and I checking out some neat fish that we had never seen before.
The stinky seal food
Chillin on the beach waiting for some big waves
All this fresh air and running around made us really hungry. It was tricky eating on the beach and some things tasted a little gritty ;)
Flying my kite with daddy
Whew, look at all that crab. Do I look excited or what? Thanks Grandma and Papa for a terrific dinner on our last night. What a fun trip!
I love my papa!
Auntie Julie bought me this beautiful crown and I borrowed Maggie's skirt to become a princess. I told her the only thing missing was a wandWe stayed in a hotel on the way home in Vancouver so we could see Auntie Colleen, Pedro, and my mama's cousin and her kids. We also saw Auntie Joanie!! I had been talking about the pool the whole trip and I had to make the best out of our one day there.
I even went in the hot tub with Bernard
These water wings are amazing!
The fun park across from our hotel

Ahh, the best part of hotel staying....bed jumping and tricks!!


So fun!


No comments: