Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A February Family Update

We have had beautiful winter weather here the last few weeks so we have been trying to get out and enjoy it. Sam and I have also been very healthy this winter, thank goodness. It may be because we have spent more time at home, especially with Mama and I doing a little school in the mornings and her working most afternoons. I have been enjoying my mama reading chapter books to me lately and I have been practicing sight words and doing some other prereading activities. I can read simple words, sound out short words, and it won't be long until I will be really reading to my brother. He loves books, almost as much as I do! I'm still doing gymnastics once a week, which I really enjoy other than being super tired by the end. I also like dressing up and dancing and singing around the house while I entertain the adults. My brother and I are getting very excited for our new baby brother who will be here at the end of April! Well, that is all for now, I'm off to keep playing with my dolls.

Sam and I at Lake Whatcom. We had fun exploring the little beach and playing at the park. We even tried to skip rocks!
Playing on the jungle gym.
Taking a little rest in my Dora Tent.
Two families that we know have coordinated bimonthly playdates. We get together every other week and do a little preschool activity and get to spend to some time playing. It is nice to have something scheduled and so nice to see friends. This week we got together at our house and made Valentines.More Valentine fun!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Looks like fun, wish we were there too! :)