Sunday, June 6, 2010

My Trip to the Hood Canal

Momma, brother, and I were invited to attend my dada's retreat style business trip this week on the Hood Canal. We got to attend a nice dinner, meet lots of great people, and I had a lot of fun. Here is the rest of the story....


First, we drove in the car. Sam and I were playing, laughing, and bonding!
This sign greeted us at the resort (my parents thought it was funny, kind of). I told my dada I really wanted a puppy!
The first day it rained, and I mean RAINED! It was a good thing momma packed some entertaining inside activities along with my raincoat and boots.
During low tide you can collect oysters on the beach. I told dada I would try them next time though - he happily ate my share.
I don't leave home without my bike!
The second day we were there the weather was beautiful. I had so much fun walking on the dock, riding my bike, playing on the swingset, and exploring on the beach during low tide
Walking on the dock
I haven't been to gymnastics in a few weeks so I had to do a few tricks on these rings to practice up for summer session
Family pic
Am I practicing my cheesy smile or trying to get my foot unstuck from the mud? I'll never tell
Low tide was a blast! The baby crabs were everywhere! I don't get the tide concept and apparently it's funny when I ask "Where did the beach go?"
Relaxing after all that playing on the beach. I even got stuck in the muck...check out my pants and shoes!
Dada's coworker Ms. Barb was sure nice. She liked my brother and I and helped us get some dessert!
Mr. Ron is a super nice dude! Too bad his kids couldn't come. Here I am telling him all about my shoes with my hands in my pockets. We had some time for reflection on this trip
We took the ferry home to avoid Friday traffic in Seattle. Wow, now that was a big boat!

No comments: